Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Walking Part II

I was reading my own blog today.  Yeah I do that to increase my own stats.  I am trying to get up to 1,000 blog views by Thanksgiving.  I can do it..I can do it.  Sorry ADD kicked in...back to what I wanted to say.

I was reading my own blog today and noticed the post below was about how Mason was not walking.  Aidan was a late walker as well.  Whenever parents brag about how their kids were walking at 10 months I say, "oh yeah..well mine can throw a ball".  Seriously been known to say that exact same phrase on numerous occasions.  Do I think both kids walking at 14 months is an indication of how advanced they are?  No!  But it would be nice to say to someone one day that my kid was walking at 10 months. 

So the other day Joe and I were laying in bed...well it was about a month ago...and we saw out of the corner of our eye Mason in the bathroom (he followed Aidan in there) standing up.  He randomly decided that night was the night he would stand up on his own.  No help, no grabbing something and pulling up.  He got his feet under him and stood up..hands sticking out to balance himself.  I think it is so funny..what he must have been thinking.  He was in the middle of the bathroom, past his bedtime and bam.  He wanted to stand up.  Joe and I knew he would be walking soon after.  And...he didn't.  He would stand up on his own every once in a while and wait for clapping and then fall down smiling.  We would try to get him to walk and he would get mad at us and growl at us. 

This all changed on 9/29/10.  I was folding laundry and Mason had one of those moments.  In the middle of the kitchen he thought to himself..why not tonight.  So he stood up..laughed and walked 3 steps, fell down stood up laughed and walked 3 more steps.  I cried of course.  Picked him up..twirled him around and called Joe and Jenny.  I kept him awake past his bedtime until Joe got home.  I wanted him to see and didn't think we would get another step from him but we did.  He took 3 more steps for Joe.  Thank God.  I don't have to do anymore google searches on when kids should start walking. 

Oh BTW...Mason HATES getting his diaper changed...to the point where his hernia looks like it is going to explode. 


Eating and Walking....


Yummy

2 comments:

  1. How did I miss that you had a BLOG!! I love it!!! your boys are PRECIOUS and the pics and design are beautiful!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. So apparently your blog doesn't like me and erased my first comments! So here they are again...CONGRATS MASON! So excited that he has started walking! Thank goodness, now he isn't worrying mommy anymore haha. By the way, the second to last picture is my favorite...so adorable! =)

    ReplyDelete