Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

One of those nights...

I look at the title and say to myself...there are a ton of those "one of those nights"  That being said. 

It's been one of those nights...


I pick up Mason and was told by his sitter that he did "it" again.  He leans over his porta crib only to gag himself and proceed to projectile vomit all over her floor.  He is 1 and is already going to drastic measures to get attention.  This is his second time doing this and hopefully his last...please please please

I get home knowing we have no food in the house.  I am on my own tonight, Joe is at his son's football practice.  I am thinking..I can do this...I will get creative.  Made eggs, bacon and biscuits.  Feeling even more domestic and cut up oranges for afterwards.  Mason and Aidan went to town...AWESOME.  I can do this!  So I thought to myself..I need to clean the kitchen..what can I do to entertain the kids while I clean the kitchen.  I know..ding ding ding.  Chocolate!  Um...no...see evidence above and below.  I mean how does he get it on his nose?  Seriously.



Ok..I can do this.  Take both kids upstairs..talk on phone with co-worker.  Clean Mason up real quick..clean Aidan up.  Talk with friend...she is about to have baby Lyla any day now, Get Aidan out of tub.  Aidan goes... "Baby Stinky"  I am thinking..OH SHIT!  Mason is grunting.  I am running.  I pick him up and PLOP!  HE POOPS IN THE TUB!  Seriously Mason..Seriously.  Last time he did this he was 1 month old.  Aidan NEVER did this as a baby.  I am not ready for this...Seriously. 

So what do I do you may ask?  I sit him on the toilet.  Yeah like a soaking wet 14 month old is going to sit on the toilet and go poop for me.  Seriously?  So my night ends with me chasing around baby Mason getting him dressed.  He is getting into everything!  I am trying to put Aidan's eczema lotion on.  Aidan looks at me and says, "baby driving you bonkers".  ok...guess I use that phrase too much in front of my three year old.  But ya know..I really liked bonkers as a kid.  So it is kinda good thing. 

Lesson learned mommy gods.  Do not give baby chocolate at 8pm at night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment