Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

Baking

I don't cook!  I am not a fan.  I don't like seeing my food before it is cooked.  I especially hate the clean up.  I have accepted this about myself.  My husband (although complains non stop about this) knew about my hatred of cooking long before we married.  He enjoys to cook though and I enjoy his cooking even though he never cleans off the stove after cooking. 

My neighbor, everyone knows her by Mason's daycare lady, has informed me on numerous occasions what she is having for dinner or lunch.  I have even called her to borrow two slices of bread so I can feed Aidan PB&J for dinner.  Yes, I am that Mom who feeds my kid's lunch/breakfast food for dinner.  Aidan has now started to inform me he will not be eating wake up food when it is dark outside.  Anyway, my neighbor one day comes out of her house while the kids were playing.  I was looking tired, frazzled, still in my pj's, no shower, 6pm at night.  Her with her make up on, hair done lips smacking tells me how good her dinner was that night.  They had steak, mashed potatoes, some chocolate drink and then my mind starts to wonder as she is telling me this.  I am thinking to myself, "Is she going to offer me any of her leftovers?"  "Is she telling me this to make me feel guilty for not cooking for my family?" "Maybe she is tipsy over that chocolate drink and just wants to socialize?"  Don't get me wrong.  I love her..she is awesome and Mason loves her and I couldn't ask for a better neighbor.  I would have loved her more if she made enough for me and my family haha.  After that night of eating cereal and fruit for dinner I made it my mission to stop this nonsense and start cooking.  We have had meat loaf (favorite thus far among the kids), taco night....



I was told this meat loaf looks like a football.  Of course it looks like a football.  It was made in the Perkins house!

Ok...I am trying to remember what I have cooked this past week and I can't seem to remember.  Steak was there one night...a pasta dish somewhere too.  I am getting better I promise.  I even made cup cakes.  See proof below!  (see also what Aidan is wearing :), I tell Joe if he doesn't want his kids to wear Skins gear he needs to go out and buy Saints clothes and until then they will wear what I put on them :))






So...when my kids start thanking me after dinner I can tell them to thank our neighbor for guilting me into becoming a better Mom/Wife.

Side note:  Aidan is all boy.  He farts, burps, punches his older brother.  The newest thing he has been doing it burping and then rushing to anyone around him and says, "smell my teeth"!?!?  Oh Boy!  I just hope he doesn't do this in public.  Although if he does it would be a good blog story.

2 comments:

  1. Look at you! You're a little Martha Stewart in training =) P.S. Love this Rascal Flatts song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I like Rachel Ray more than Stewart..haha

    ReplyDelete