Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Testing Testing

I feel like I am in a foreign country.  I am not a writer.  I don't enjoy reading or crafting.  But I have all these thoughts racing through my head and I just want to get them out.  When I was younger I made myself believe I was this awesome poet.  I would write in my room and read poetry pretending to know what they were talking about but reality was I had no idea.  I wrote a poem to my Mom for mother's day one year.  I watched her read the poem and watched in a shy excitement.  However her expression was not what I expected..she looked confused.  She had no idea what the poem meant.  (I read it again 10 years later and wondered the same thing)  I think it had something about dots in the poem..yes dots.  I am sure it sounded awesome at the time being 12 or something.  So from then on..I stayed clear of writing.  I also self diagnosed myself with ADD.  So therefore trying to sit down and read a book would be pretty much impossible.  And...I associate being creative with having money.  Seriously.. the things I would like to do (using my creative side of my brain) would cost too much damn money so I stay clear.  So this blog may be crazy.  I may misspell words.  I may think I am sounding cute when really I don't.  I may type short sentences because (sorry was interrupted by my husband wondering why I am still at work) and I have lost my train of though.  See I told you I had ADD.  Ok I just re-read what I typed and I think I am up to speed.  I was telling you why I wanted to blog.  Oh yes..because I have crazy thoughts I need to get out.  I have two beautiful boys and I want to start documenting their life so I don't forget when their girlfriends ask questions.  I also have family (Hi Ma and Max) far away and they don't get to see my boys much so this is a way to keep them up to date in all my crazy day to day activities.  I am blogging not to change lives.  I don't have a sad story to tell.  I may be hypocritical.  I may be ignorant sometimes.  I will use bad grammar and misspell words.  Thank goodness for spellcheck.  That is the beauty of this.  It doesn't matter.  If you don't like what I say don't read it :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm self diagnosed add too, I'm going in October to make it official! Lol I feel you on needing a cheap creative outlet! Good luck!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear, you are a very good writer. Just not a good poet. This is very good. Mom

    ReplyDelete