Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

To lie or not to lie...

Aidan is almost 4...wow...can't believe I just said that.  I can't believe I have two kids under the age of 4.  I am crazy.  I also think I look pretty hot for having two kids under 4.  Tooting my own horn.  Don't do it often but need to do it more.  I'll do it again.  I am hot for having two kids under 4.  wohooo..it felt good. 

Anyway...Aidan is almost 4.  I am having a hard time with this whole Santa Claus thing.  Right now the only thing he knows about Christmas is he is getting a Nintendo DS and the decorations are pretty cool.  He isn't too sure who Santa is and I haven't really talked to him about it.  We do read the Christmas story to him every Christmas Eve so at least I am trying to get him to understand the Jesus part of it.  I have a hard time telling him a lie.  And to be honest..a part of me wonders if this kid will actually believe me if I tell him about Santa.  To top it off...I am afraid he will be scared of this man who comes in our house in the middle of the night.  I remember my step son when he was about 4 or 5.  He was freaked out over the Easter Bunny.  We actually had to put the Easter baskets on the front door step so he believed that that huge scary bunny would not step foot in our house.  We didn't have a fire place at our old house so my step son felt safe around December.  Keeping these kids from sleeping in our room is hard enough.  They don't need to be terrified over a fat man in a red suit walking through our house. 

Ok...I know.  I am taking the joy away from Cmas.  Also, if I don't tell Aidan this big lie about  Santa, I will be afraid he will be "that kid" in school.  Spoiling all the fun for the other kids whose parents will hate me.  I of course want him to have an imagination.  I just want him to have a realistic imagination if one exists.  I am still debating on the Santa thing.....

I have pictures from my weekend..I'll put them up tonight or tomorrow...one funny story to lead into how my thanksgiving was..well two stories

1.  I was getting an oil change.  The guy comes to my window and asks if I am cooking for Thanksgiving.  I look at him a little funny and he says to me.."yeah you don't look like the cooking type"

2.  My niece informed me that my sister in law was on the phone talking to someone and said "yeah my sister and law can't cook".

Hey now people...I can cook.  I just choose NOT to cook.  It makes too much of a mess....and then you have to clean it up.  I can't stand the leftover food particles all over my kitchen..sitting there all day and night because whoever cooked didn't clean up after.  GROSS.  

1 comment:

  1. I like this post. You are definitely a Hot Mama! In fact you are the definition of a Hot Mama. I wonder what that guy meant by his comment... Is that supposed to be an insult? a compliment?

    ReplyDelete