Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

Brand Loyalty

Attention Attention...I am not this shallow...I think I have 1% shallow in me..so here is the 1%

brand loyalty....I got it.  It is bad.  Coke over Pepsi, Kellogg over store brand, Gap over Target.  I have a very hard time convincing myself Kohls is just as good as Baby Gap / The Limited or JC Penny shoes are just as good as Nine West.  Nope..can't do it.  The funny thing is, I know I have this problem.  I should buy store brand or lower priced clothes....just can't do it...just can't.  I work hard..I should be able to buy what I want right?  I also justify by telling myself they will be hand me downs so every time I buy something for Aidan I divide it by 2.  Ok...yes the financial analyst is coming out in me.  I can't even shop on sales racks.  They are just too messy and you need patience to sit there shifting through extra larges trying to find smalls...seriously...there are not that many small people out there.  I have come to the conclusion that small people buy smalls and large people buy smalls so there are no smalls left. 

I admit it..I am even shallow enough to look at other kids clothes and judge them.  Seriously 28 year old working mother of 2 judging these kids because they buy clothes I wouldn't.  Shallow are we???  I am working on this problem.  Growing up my Mom didn't dress us as "cool" as I would like to think and maybe that is why I am the way I am.  I don't go crazy or anything.....I'll give an example.  Target jeans $12...cant do it...I will buy the baby gap jeans for $24.99.  See..not too bad.  I am not shopping at Neiman Marcus or anything.  And that's not to say my kids don't have "some" off brand clothes in their wardrobe.  I do take hand me downs...on occasion.  Again...working on it.  I don't want my kids growing up thinking clothes define you or they have to dress a certain way to be cool.  I just don't want them being made fun of.  I seriously need to go to church or seek help for this...I know whatever.  Enough of my rant....

This weekend I went shopping :).  There is something about shopping without husband and kids that can really fuel me.  I don't go much..once a season.  It was awesome.  I started in Baby Gap.  was worried they were too expensive so worked my way over to The Children's Place only to realize the quality just isn't the same.  So I made my way back to Baby Gap.  yes much better...I can breathe in Baby Gap.  I went crazy...I don't even look at prices because I know how much everything cost.  I just grab and grab from one side of the store to the next.  Then get to the counter only to find out EVERYTHING was 40% off.  Oh...it just made my day so much I did it again at Baby Gap Outlet the next day.  Did the same thing..only I spent more money at the outlet.  Something sounds wrong about that...

Oh...I didn't forget me.  It was tough.  I did a lot of soul searching and made phone calls to my bestest Katie.  But I did it.  I bought myself 3 tops and 2 pairs of shoes.  I ROCK! 

Pictures of my weekend....

Be Jealous..this is my backyard...Taking donations for a new deck...
 Mason on the Go...

  

 



Seriously this kid is non stop..I followed him on his adventure.  He tried to climb the stool..peaked in a toy box and then went on his way.  Walking zombie style wobbling through the house.  





Don't fall....don't fall

Re-gained balance..wohoo

Destination...Cartoons. 

Yes..he is a boy..and he copies everything we do.





Stop Taking My Picture Mommy
Bye Bye


2 comments:

  1. Hahaha your blog always cracks me up...so AJ! LOVE all the pics of the boys...and as always, their outfits are adorable. =) But if I do remember correctly, I got Mason that really cute little bathing suit and wetsuit top combo at Target...though it probably never got used! lol And I am forcing you to come shopping with me so we can shop for JUST YOU missy! You just tell me the weekend. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute pictures of the boys! I'm glad you bought some cute items for yourself on your shopping trip. Just remember momma needs to look good when she is carrying around those good looking nice dressed babies....otherwise they will think you are the underpaid babysitter...

    ReplyDelete