Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

To take to the doctors or to not take to the doctors......

It starts with a runny nose....cough....diarrhea...clingy

I hate it.  I hate when one of my boys gets sick.  You never know if it is worthy of a doctor visit.  You know what will happen because you have done it before.  You take them in to see the doctor convinced your child has this rare disease and brace yourself for worst case scenario.  The diagnosis ALWAYS sounds like this, "it's a virus..let it take its course" or "he has only had diarrhea for 5 days, call back if it has been 10 days" or "he only has 4-6 diarrhea diapers a day..call back when it is 10 a day".  The Doctor is probably thinking, this Mom is nuts!  You get that feeling in your tummy...the Mommy feeling where you don't know what to do.  Is it something more than just a cold?  He isn't himself?  Should I stay home from work?  What is wrong with him?  I hate that feeling.  I seriously hate it.  I am just afraid I will miss something..what if he has something more serious and this is his way of trying to warn us.  I know..I am being dramatic...he just has a runny nose and cough and slight fever.  Oh and having problems drinking milk.  And I always feel like one of my kids is sick.  I am always going to the doctor.  Antibiotics is flowing in my house! 

So Mason has an ear infection...poor guy..and looks to be a sinus infection.  But he is still oh so cute.  Look at that dimple Jenny (left cheek...you can kinda see it)!!!

Poor Baby after Doctor Apt...you can see it in his eyes he doesn't feel well :(

So Aidan the other day said the funniest thing.  We walked by the squash at the grocery store and he says, "look Mommy a big peanut!"  No Aidan it was squash...well I think it was squash.  haha


He also told me while laying in bed the other day "Mommy I don't like you go away".  I wasn't sure if I should cry, yell, go away or what to do.  I knew why he said it.  I think another little boy says it a lot at school.  Also, he wanted to watch his cartoon and while I was in the room that was not going to happen.  It was his bed time crazy boy.  I ended up telling him that he hurt my feelings and not to say those things.  Parenthood...ikes.  

1 comment:

  1. i'm so sorry, precious boy. Don't you love the cuddle time when they are sick, though??

    I hired a babysitter for Molly for my bday so AC and I could go out to lunch, and she wanted to stay with the babysitter, and I cried b/c it hurt my feelings. next year I'll be drinking wine with friends. I wote about it here:
    http://thequeensofthekingfamily.blogspot.com/2010/06/birthday-cakes.html

    ReplyDelete