Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

October 31st

Because I have fallen victim to the ploy to get adults to pay for online graduate school with the hopes it will further their career, I spent the weekend writing 2 research papers, 1 group project, 2 homework questions, 6 discussion questions and some other hoopla.  Mother of the year right here!!! 

My boys were neglected this weekend.  I use that word a lot.  Neglected!  I think I am going to stop using that word.  Let me try this.  My kids spent the weekend indoors and played with educational toys.  Ok..much better.

Aidan spent the weekend on the computer.  My 3 year old was on the computer so much he complained his back was hurting.  Nothing a pillow pet couldn't fix.  We bought him the dog one.  He wanted the purple unicorn but I told him it was for girls.  Joe shocked me in the middle of the store and said, "well if he wants it just get it, who cares".  This is the same guy who freaked out because Aidan wanted to be a cat for Halloween.  I think he just wanted to disagree with me..shocker...because if Aidan does or wants ANYTHING "girl" like, Joe freaks out.  Should I have let him get the purple unicorn?  Am I not letting him make decisions for himself?  Ah nuts....who cares...it's just a pillow pet.  I let him wear whichever shoes he wants in the morning.  I even let him pick out his own veggies for dinner.  He makes tons of choices...but the purple unicorn doesn't go with his sports room. 

Notice DOG pillow pet behind Aidan
Playing nick jr.  No he doesn't sit on the computer and go to chat rooms all day.  I would of course prefer Aidan playing outside or engaging with his parents..so I feel guilty about this but I was right there next to him typing a paper on another laptop.  
 Mason spent the weekend throwing food on the floor, snot (not joking) flying out of his nose, stinky diapers (10 a day..poor kid) and getting into everything.  He decided he wanted to move this step stool in the living room.  It wasn't as fun climbing in the other room where no one could freak out over.  He had to be the center of attention.

I guess you can tell who we voted for here
Not sure what is on the tv in this shot
So Sunday was here before you knew it.  Aidan talked about being spiderman for an entire month before Sunday.  He wore his costume at school on Friday.  After..he informed me he wanted to be a cat and he got it in his head he no longer wanted to be spiderman.  There were a few little girls at school dressed up as cats.  I thought he would get over it and once Sunday came and he would be excited to wear spiderman..NOPE.  He told me it was stinky.  (the mask was stinky..I tried it on and then tried to put toothpaste in it to make it smell better..i know..toothpaste???  but he is allergic to perfumes and stuff) Anyway..after crying for 45 minutes about it.we finally settled for a saints football player.  It worked out because the Saints were on last night and WON..thank goodness cause hubby would have been cranky if they lost. 
Mason was a cute green dragon. 




  



 
Looking out for trick or treaters...big helper
Funny story about the picture to the left.  I was left home to hand out candy.  We bought a TON of candy.  It is always hard to gage how many kids you will get so you don't want to give out to many pieces to each kid.  It is pure science.  When Joe came back I told him I should have been giving more to the kids that had already stopped by.  (more as in 2-3 pieces and not just one)  The door bell rang soon after, Joe goes to the door..takes the bowl outside and starts pulling out hand fulls of candy giving them to "OLDER" kids.  I started freaking out yelling no no no stop stop stop.  He just wasted all that candy on older kids.  See what was left to the left (haha left to the left).  Needless to say..I will be giving out the candy going forward for all Halloween to come. 

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA one of your best blogs yet...I was laughing through the entire thing. Definitely needed this after the long day I just had at work! I miss you guys...we need to get together soon (can't wait to see Mason walk!!). =)

    ReplyDelete