Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

In a funk...

I haven't felt very blogalishis lately.  I am officially in a funk. A funknasty funk.  The kinda funk that needs serious intervention kinda funk.  I think my funkness is rubbing onto my kids cause they are funky. 

Ok that was cheesy...but I am sure I got a laugh out of you. 

This time of year is supposed to be filled with family and happiness.  However, for me is it stressful.  Work is busier, school finals are in progress and kid's Christmas lists are getting longer.  Not to mention a 4 year old bday party with high expectations.  Mom's carry a large load of the stress this time of the year.  Sorry Dads..but we do.  For example, when my brother in law calls Joe to find out what his son (my stepson) wants for Christmas, Joe's exact words are "Call AJ".  See....stress. 

Yesterday I was in the target parking lot.  I was in a parking spot just staring.  Frozen in my thoughts.  Finally Aidan yelled, "ARE WE GOING IN???"  Maybe it's Seasonal Affective Disorder.  Maybe it is PST from the Redskin's lost to the Eagles.  Maybe it's the fact that both fantasy football teams are playing like a JV team.  Oh I need to get out of the funk before it becomes permanent. 

I should look at the below picture and say.."oh look how pretty those leaves are...the kids and I can play in them this weekend."  But in reality I think this, "We are the only ones with leaves in our yard, I wish Joe would hurry up and rake them, get rid of the pumpkins still sitting on our porch and clean out the garage".


The kid's have been extra grumpy lately.  Mason refuses to have anything to do with diaper changes getting dressed.  He gets in this mood where he will just grip on to something.  Yesterday morning he screamed for a good 20 minutes clinging onto his toothbrush.  You could not pull that sucker out of his hands if you tried.  He ended up at daycare with his toothbrush.  He does it with sippy cups too.  When he wants a real bottle..and you give him a sippy cup.  He clings onto the sippy cup and screams.  He can go for hours if you let him.  We are trying soy milk because his tummy doesn't like regular milk.  So now..I am watching everything he does to see how he reacts to soy.  Every cry..every time he gets angry..I wonder, "Is that the soy milk?" 


Aidan..oh Aidan.  He has been slightly annoying lately.  He threw a fit the other morning because I gave him a strawberry uncrustable (pb&j see example to the left) instead of grape.  How dare I do that.  Now...I give him both and have him pick.  We walk into Target and I ask him if he wants to sit in the cart?  He doesn't say a word so I put Mason in there.  Bad idea Mommy.  We went to Joey's football banquet and Aidan screamed bloody murder because a little girl took his seat..the seat he had next to his new girlfriend.  The kid is drama.  He likes things his way and his way only.  He is starting to raise his voice, annoy his brother and make a ton of messes.  What happened to my angel child?  

So in my attempt to get out of the funk I decided to buy rain boots for Aidan.  It was rainy yesterday although it is not rainy today so he couldn't wear them :(  We tested the boots out in the bath tub.  We walked by these green boots and I kept walking thinking they weren't going to fit him.  I found some cute fireman ones and he turned into my usual Aidan.  He stood there with that grumpy look on his face.  I said "What is wrong Aidan..use your words" and he just stood there sulking.  I knew why..he wanted the green ones.  But he wont tell me..he just gets that look on his face and stops dead in his tracks.  USE YOUR WORDS.  TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT. 

Aidan won..

On a positive note..we have been pull up free during the night for a week now.  :) 

ok..I need to get out of this funk..and I need help.  Husband if you are reading this (and I bet money you are not)..help me get out of the funk before it spreads to you!!!!!!!!!!


3 comments:

  1. And did you get those at Target, my dear?!?!? I was in an AWFUL funk a couple weeks ago, went shopping:) (and, back on my lexapro) Life is better. I also have a cleaning lady and I don't know why, but that helps my mood tremendously. I too am starting to get stressed out about Xmas. isn't that sad??? Let us know when you get out of it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure did get those at Target :) I told you I was trying to get better. You can't beat $11. Cleaning lady is great..I am trying to get mine to come every other week. This once a month thing is not working :) haha Lexapro works great too..although it makes me have a weird tingling feeling in my throat. weird.

    ReplyDelete