Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Pillow Pets

We have been fighting the cough in our house lately.  Did not leave the house at all this weekend.  Aidan and Mason both have it bad.  We have to be careful with Aidan because his can easily spread to his chest and lead to pneumonia (happened numerous times last winter).  So...we are trying different meds to combat this cold/asthma/pneumonia problem.

So...what happens to a 3 year old who drinks a lot of water (medicine giver him dry mouth at night) and coughs all night?

ding ding ding

Mommy and Daddy wake up with pee all over us and the bed.  Thank you Aidan.  I wanted nothing more to be woken up at 3am to combat pee.  That is the second time I used the word "combat".  Must really like that word today.  Poor kid..he never has a problem holding out through the night and/or wake us up to use the bathroom.  I think with all the coughing it was just too difficult.  Mason will be kind enough to share one of his diapers for Aidan tonight :) 

We still sent Aidan to daycare this morning.  He wanted to take his Pillow Pet with him.  I think it was comfort for him.  It is a dog Pillow Pet.  He named the dog "E".  Joe thinks it's funny.  Doggie named "E".  HAHA ..yeah it's pretty funny.  We have a deer in the backyard named Beer.  We have a Pillow Pet doggie named "E".  We really need to work on expanding his vocabulary.  So he was dragging that dog around with him all morning.  Somewhere in between my 5th and 7th visit to the car to try and leave he left it in the house :(.  We didn't know until we got him to school.  I felt so bad for him.  He was devastated.  He didn't cry though..just looked really sad.  He wanted that doggie named "E" to sleep with at nap time.  I felt so bad :( 

So what does Mommy do you may ask?  What do you think?  I went to my usual A1 Mart across the street to get my giant redbull.  This place has everything from Nationals Hats to Silly Bands.  Sure enough they had PILLOW PETS.  It was like the skies parted and there they were on a shelf.  I quickly bought the monkey and ran back over to Aidan's school to give to him.  He was so cute.  Aidan isn't the kind of kid who jumps up and down with excitement.  He holds it in..kinda shy of him.  He almost looks in shock..deer in the headlights when he gets a present.  I wonder what he thinks in his head?  Either way..he was very happy.  Anything to help him get through the day.  He had a ruff night too....I hope he remembers moments like these.  His Mommy cares about him and wants him to be happy :) 

This is our doggie named "E". 


A few more from the weekend....

We hung cute snowflakes on our window...Right next to the pumpkins that are still sitting on our porch.  Mason wasted now time pulling them down.  Then he proceeded to lick the window and eat the snowflakes.


This is what happens within 5 minutes of the Perkins boys coming into the living room.  UGH

Someone please come take the leaves...They are taking over our walkway..ahhhhhh 

Aidan got a little fresh air.  Please send hate mail for the messy garage to my husband.



I took the below video about a month ago and have been debating on posting it for a few reasons (it kinda makes me look bad because of my delayed reaction).  First note that the kid is a climber..before a walker he was a climber so I was trying to capture that in a video.  I can't figure out how to get the video right side up so just tilt your head.  Watch this first one and then read below.  (pause my music at the bottom of the page first so you can hear)

Ok....I am not sure why I didn't scream..run to him (I did when I turned the camera off by the way).  Also..why am I so far away.  I should be right there next to him just in case he fell.  Also note..Aidan freaks out but not enough to keep that Popsicle out of his mouth.  But...the kid is tuff.  Didn't even cry and then did it again right after I hugged him and made sure he was ok.  I did hug him people...please don't call me a bad Mommy.  I think I was just shocked he fell.  I had a very very delayed reaction.


No comments:

Post a Comment