Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Mother of the Year

That would be me!  Mother of the year right here.  Mason's sitter and I have been trying to figure out why he keeps getting these red blotchy rash type things on his body.  Like someone is going around behind our backs and pinching him.  Or slapping his cheeks when we turn our heads.  So I googled every single phrase you can think of.  "Toddler red blotchy rash" "Baby red rash go away" "Slapped cheeks toddler".  Then it clicked.  He can't drink milk because his tummy can't handle milk protein so then realized that hives are a side affect of milk protein reaction.  Found out he had yogurt today and rash appeared right after.  Ding Ding Ding.  We have now entered the world of milk protein allergy in our house.  I thought it was just milk at first.  So what do Mason's parents do after finding this out.  We give our son ice cream of course.  What on earth were we thinking?  So now lil man has hives all over his legs.  Mother of the year I told you. 
Mason has also been hitting a lot lately.  I swear there is no hitting going on in this house for him to mimic.  I have no idea why he is doing it.  A reaction maybe.  He will slap the crap out of your face and it will shock you.  You don't know if you should slap back, scream, laugh, yell and as a result you just sit there and stare at the kid.  Deep mean no smile stare.  Then Mason stares back.  Deep stare and then he decides to either hit back or hug you.  The hugs are nice.  The hitting back is not to be tolerated.  We need to buy a time out chair. Yes we do!

Aidan is in this spiky hair face.  It came about after Mommy and Daddy slacked off so bad we delayed getting his hair cut way past the kid looks like he has a rat's nest in his head.  So...as a Mom who wishes she had a girl, I have started to "do" my kid's hair in the mornings.  Full out curls for mason and full out spikes for Aidan.  I am just sorry for all Aidan's teachers at daycare who have to listen to him all day long "is my hair still spiky?"  "is my  hair still spiky?"  "is my hair still spiky?"

As promised after a few hours of trying to figure it out..I was able to get my videos on my computer.  Funny story.  Lost the charger for the video camera for like a year...husband got me a new one.  Lost that one and while tying to find it I found the first one.  Only me...So this video is of Aidan and Joe when Aidan was about 2.5 years old.  It was cute...he did a little singing...did a little dancing...did a little football..and hit daddy thankfully after we had kids cause I doubt he can now!  You  may want to pause the playlist at the bottom of the blog so you can hear Aidan hit his high note.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment