Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

De-clingin my kid

As if I didn't feel guilty enough for having to work every day and leave my kids, Aidan who has been going to daycare since he was 4 months old felt the need cling onto my leg for dear life this morning as I dropped him off at daycare.  Now Mason has no problem leaving me.  He will go to complete strangers and try to take their food.  Two boys..complete opposite.  Aidan is to start kindergarten in roughly 19 months.  I have 19 months to de-cling.  Operation de-cling.  I am always told that I will miss this one day.  He will not want to hug me or be around me.  I have a very hard time believing that.  My brother is a Momma's boy.  Always been one.  He is 27 (I think I can't count) and still lives with Momma.  I don't think Aidan will be much different.   Mason on the other hand will walk right by me and go to his Daddy or Miss Jenny.  Mason is not a Mommy's boy.  Now that is sad.  I do wish he was :(  I remember one time he was an infant and crying, Daddy tried to calm him down but only Mommy could.  That was the only time in Mason history he wanted Mommy over Daddy.  Ok enough of this Mommy Daddy talk..I sound like I am 3.

Aidan is in the "talking" stage of his life.  I don't think this stage will end for a while so I have embraced it.  Mason likes to throw things off our banister.  Every once in a while we will be in the kitchen and CRASHHHHHHHHH.  There goes some random toy or household item off the cliff.  The other night Aidan and I heard a CRASHHHHHHHHHHHH. 

Aidan:  "Mommy, Bibi threw something, uh oh"
Bibi:  "uh oh"
Mommy:  "oh no..baby is bad"
Aidan:  "But we still love Bibi"

How stinkin cute are my kids?  Now my nice hard wood floors on the other hand are not lookin too cute with all these items being flung over the ledge and landing on them. 

We took some family pictures in the cold weather at Harper's Ferry the other weekend.  I am all about getting family pictures because I actually like being in them.  I can't really stand going to those random places in the mall or at department stores for family pictures.  They always come out horrible.  So even though my husband disagrees...I try to get some professional ones done 2-3 times a year by my favorite photographer Lisa Shafer.  She is awesome..and I think she is so good because she has kids herself.  Anyone who can handle taking pictures of a family with 3 boys in the freezing cold gets a gold freakin star in my book.  My kids were not all happy and flowers.  When one is happy the other is crying.  When they both are happy they are going in different directions.  The older one likes to be in every picture and complains when he isn't.  Oh...poor Lisa.  haha  Here are a few from the other weekend. 

 
only picture of the 3 of them.  Mason kept trying to leap off the edge
 
Joe thinks his pants are up his butt in this picture so I made sure to enlarge it on the blog ;)

I told him I would buy him a new DS game if he took these pictures and smiled



 
I forgot to brush my hair obviously
Here is my weekly rant.  Cell phone companies.  Mason ate my phone.  Seriously ate it.  Slobbered to the point where it had water damage and the keyboard was "corroded" as sprint would call it.  I can't go without a cell phone.  It is my lifeline.  It is my house phone.  It is my facebook stalker.  It is my right hand man.  I pay $7 per month for a "service warranty".  That comes to $84 per year.  $168 if you add my husbands.  My phone breaks from slobber.  They want to charge me $100 for a replacement phone.  That comes to $184 per year.  In addition, you usually upgrade every year or two.  That is an additional $150.  You are going to tell me on top of my $200 per month bill, I am also supposed to pay you $334.  That means per year I am paying roughly $2,734.  And that INCLUDES my discount from my job and being a "premier" customer.  And you are telling me you can't give me a free phone because my son slobbered on it.  Not to mention all these random charges by some vault thing for $9.99 per month which I have been trying to get them to take off for 6 months now.  Do you smell something shady going on here?  I told you 2011 I was going to penny pinch.  UGH

ok done...have a GREAT week.  I know I will.  I will be working..homework..and cleaning up the random items being thrown off my banister balcony cliff thing of my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment