Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

OMG it's snowing!!!

This is me ranting.  If you are the glass half full type person go ahead and skip this post. 

So...when it snows in Maryland people go NUTS.  I mean it's like the world is coming to an end..stock up on milk, bread and tp because you will be stranded in your house for like weeks, months maybe.  I was driving to work today and it started to snow.  I mean just STARTING.  Everyone slammed on their brakes.  I was looking around thinking Jesus was standing in the road or something.  Surely they weren't slamming their breaks because of a few flurries.  YEP..they were! 

I got to work at 10 (yea ruff morning for me).  As I was pulling into work..there was a train of cars leaving work.  LEAVING.  Why might you ask.  Because of less than two inches of snow.  I mean forget about getting work done.  Everyone from one hall to the next was talking about this huge blizzard. 

Now fast forward to 4pm.  I did leave slightly early because I knew there would be idiots on the road and getting home (40 miles from my job into the mountains) would be an adventure.  I had been warned the interstate was a no no so I took the side streets.  OMG..I said it again.  OMG!  Cars trying to go up a hill.  Wait wait..I wont give that incline credit for being a hill because it was definitely not a hill.  There were cars attempting to go upward with flashers on,stuck.  Well yea, when driving your 2 door sports car while slowing down up the "hill" you may lose some momentum.  SPEED UP.  Either way....one little dinky sports car on the side not moving.  Another truck sliding all over the place and all the other cars stopped in confusion.  "Drive people...drive straight...don't stop at go...collect your $200 and KEEP GOING!. 

Ok..maybe I think I am better than everyone else because I have a super duper snow vehicle Jeep Commander.  I am Queen Bee in the snow.  I know this..but if you know you cant drive in the snow.  You drive a rear wheel drive vehicle...stay home...stay at work...or walk home.  GEESH. 

Finally make it to Target to bite into some cmas shopping.  Parking lot was slightly covered...not big deal.  This chick had ALL her car doors open loading her car which blocked a good parking spot next to her.  That pissed me off.  Then I see her later using an ice scraper on every single piece of window on her car.  And I mean she was cleaning EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF ICE OFF HER WINDOW.  Side windows..back windows..front windows. 

Later sitting in target eating a hot dog that had probably been sitting out all day so I didn't pass out while shopping it dawned on me.  I know why that lady made me mad.  Because she was freaking out about the snow and had to get every piece of ice off her car so she can drive 2 miles per hour to get home.  That is why I was pissed.  I understand driving slow in the snow.  But it is unsafe to drive too slow.  You are not going to make it up hills and I will want to run into you because you piss me off. 

Not everyone is as grumpy as me during snow and holidays.  As I was pushing my kart (or do I spell it cart?) through the parking lot in the slushy mess while wearing my 3 inch heals this guy said to me "oh I'll help you with your kart sweetie".  Ok was he being nice cause he felt bad or was he hitting on me?  oh well.

ok done

Now for some holiday humor...take a look at the Perkin's Christmas Tree Star!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment