Pages

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Mason on the go go go go

Days like Saturday make me realize why I stopped at two.  Holy cow what a day I had.  Hubby was gone so it was me and the two crumb snatchers ;).  Aidan had gymnastics so I had to get out of the house by 10:30.  Yeah..like that was going to happen. 

Mason oh Mason.  All I can say is WOW.  We thought you were this mellow baby.  We thought you were different.  Boy were we wrong.  God must really believe we can handle it all because he sure did bless us with some busy clingy boys.  We love you just the same. 

So...10:25 and I am running around trying to get out the door and I don't hear Mason.  I stop in my tracks and scream his name sprinting up the stairs to find him playing in the toilet.  Wash his hands.  Don't have time for full bath.  10:30 can't find keys.  10:33 found keys.  Run out the door get on the road by 10:40.  Get on highway and gas light comes on.  Thanks hubby for leaving me with gas.  You are oh so kind.  Thing is the next exit is 10 miles away so I am praying to the gas gods to get me to gymnastics first then gas station.  Because gymnastics is much more important than getting gas.  Don't worry blog followers.  I did not run out of gas.  Someone upstairs knew that was too much for me to handle. 

Gymnastics was ok...Aidan was "tired" and didn't want to participate.  Turns out it was a little to difficult for him today so he claimed he was too tired.  He later told me that he only wants to do things if it's easy.  Oh he has a lot to learn.  Mason spent the majority of the time at gymnastics going up to complete strangers begging for their candy canes.

Since I bribed Aidan with McDonald's so he would go to gymnastics I had to stop on the way home.  Not sure why but he wanted to eat inside instead of the car so I thought that was a great idea.  McDonald's with both my boys during nap time.  Such a great idea Momma...I should get the Momma of the year award.

McDonald's was fantastic.  Mason peed right through his diaper so his left leg was nice and wet.  Aidan told me he wanted to keep eating to get big like daddy so leaving in a timely manner was not going to happen.  Chicken nuggets and sauce ended up on the floor.  I looked like a maniac trying to eat my food so I could get out of there.  Mason ended up climbing on the table.  At one point I turned just in time to see vanilla milkshake flying through the air landing all over the floor and Aidan's head with Aidan standing there with "that" look on his face.  He dropped it right side up and the force shot the milkshake out of the cup like a freakin torpedo.  It was insane.  I cleaned up Aidan while trying to clean up the table while trying to hold a peed left leg baby while trying to keep Aidan from melting down.  And no he was not melting down because his milkshake torpedoed all over the floor.  He was melting down because for some reason he got it in his head that he wanted a "new" toy for spilling his milkshake.  When I said no, he stood in the middle of McDonald's sobbing.  Me holding a peed all over baby and fries, consoling a 4 year old covered in milkshake sobbing because he wants a new toy.  Yes my kind of day.

Short nap and bath time later...
I give him a sippy cup of milk.  Next thing you know I find a trail of milk throughout the house.  Mason had decided to spit out the milk on himself and all over the house.  He was soaked with soy milk.  Get him dressed turned for a second turned back to him climbing a stool going headfirst in his porta crib full of toys.  He just laughs and wants to do it again.  This is just a snapshot of what went on Saturday.  Small glimpse.

I may trip over the toys at the bottom of the stairs that was thrown down there by the little booger.  I may be exhausted by the end after picking up candle wax that was chewed and spit out by him.  At any given time you will find jelly stains throughout my house from him.  He loves to dig in the trash and eat leftovers.  He begs for anything containing sugar.  He likes to chew cheese and spit it out 5 minutes later.  He loves to play with hot water and bowls.  Oh Mason I love you.  I have a feeling many more days like this are in my future. 

Pics below are a glimpse into a day with lil man...

   

No comments:

Post a Comment