Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

Mason oh Mase

Do you ever feel like you just can't get caught up? 

You are always late, always rushing in the morning to find clothes that are piles around the house praying that something is clean that can be thrown in the dryer to de-wrinkle only to realize later that it backfired and now you are covered in lint from the towel that was already in the dryer.  As you are running out the door, you realize you left your check book.  You then realize after getting your checkbook and sitting back in the car that you left something else and then it's something else.  Then you take a second to look in the mirror to then realize you have snot on your shoulder from your 1 year old and your hair looks like a frazzled mess and you are wearing open toe shoes in the fall because all your winter shoes have the heal shooting through that cheap crap they put on the heal of $60 shoes and then you are reminded of how busy you are and you cant even find time to buy new shoes.

yeah that's me this morning..and yesterday..and the day before and the day before. 

Mason has had an adventure lately.  A hair raising adventure that is.  I have been losing my mind and Mason has hair issues.  It started over 2 weeks ago.  I noticed after Aidan's barber coated Mason's hair with this Jamaican gunk that he swore would help the curls, that he had white stuff in his hair.  I attributed it to the Jamaican gunk.  Joe noticed him scratching his head.  DING DING DING.  He has lice.  How did my son get lice???????????????  So disgusting.  Go ahead and call social services on me now.  That is just nastiness.  No one else had it.  I am sure I do..my head is itching has I type this.  Anyway...the only lice shampoo for kids under two was purchased.  3 shampoo treatments..many nights of sitting him in the sink pulling at his curls with him SCREAMING, head red, jerking, yelling trying to get every nit out.  Changed his sheets about 25 times.  Stuffed animals hidden in bags in closets.  Hair brushes thrown away.  You name it we did it.  WITH NO LUCK!  Couldn't kill the damn things.  Saturday morning woke up and saw him "scratch".  That was it.  I lost it.  I was one of those loony moms running around after waking up in an over sized t-shirt, hair a mess, yuck mouth, gooky eyes kinda look.  I sat him in the sink and pulled out the clippers and butchered his hair.  If the lice would  not die I would kill their home.  So I did...I killed the curls.  "Not nice mommy" as Aidan would say.  See before and after below...eeek


BEFORE

AFTER

Mason also had his 15 month checkup.  I arrived 10 minutes late and the mom behind me walked in and she arrived 15 minutes early.  UGH!  I am standing at the counter with messy faced kids, messy faced mommy, snot on shoulder, lint on shirt, hair a mess and she looks prim and proper with her dainty little girl.  UGH.  I am late..get over it.  So...the doc of course made me feel guilty for Mason being on the bottle.  Thanks doc!  Do you have kids?  She also took one look at Mason and said, "he is a climber isnt he?"  How the heck did she know?  She said usually the smalls ones are.  After telling me this she proceeded to tell me not one, not two, but FOUR times that I really need to watch him because he is a climber.  Lady, do I look like I dont watch my kid or something?  Was she trying to tell me I was a bad Mom?  Whatever...go ahead and assume I am a bad mom and look at me crazy when I also second guess giving him a flu shot.  Yes..not ALL moms give kid's flu shots so stop assuming that Lady.  Anyway..Mason is healthy.  He is skinny, average height with a big head.  10th percentile weight, 50th percentile heigh and 90th percentile head.  I wonder where he get's the big head from?  um...JOE

Aidan wanted me to take his picture.  He is posing here with his PB&J in his hand.  Too Funny

  

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, you are soooooooooo funny!!! I feel like I'm mediocre at EVERYTHING!!! I love the way you describe the juggling act. Clearly, you are doing a great job for Aidan to know you would want to take his picture!! May the force be with you, sister!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to hear from another mommy out there who doesn't have it all together! My left shoulder has a permanent drool/snot stain! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't remember how i found your blog because i've had 2 glasses of pinot grigio and have been blog hopping, but i love it and i love your honesty. i can sooooooo relate!!! you have a beautiful family : ) Abbey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy advertisement for never having kids! Awful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay...I got a lot of comments on this one. Even Abbey...someone I dont even know. I think this is a first and yes I called a few people to tell them I had a randome person blog comment. wohoo

    ReplyDelete