Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Feeding Time

rain rain go away..come again another day.

I dislike the rain.  I do however love that blind melon song "no rain" awesomeness. 

I was going through some pictures and saw some of Mason eating..a lot of him eating.  I am thinking to myself.."damn this boy likes to eat".  Aidan was completely different as a toddler.  He wouldn't eat much at all.  He stuck to the basics of mashed potatoes and blueberries.  Mason however will eat anything and everything.  As long as it's not veggies.  For a while he didn't like the texture of food so he wouldn't eat at all.  He is getting better and if you assist him with a fork he will go to town.  However with the fork (used by his left hand :) future baseball lefty in the works) he has to take the fork of food, touch the tray with it and then put it in his mouth.  It's his routine.

Lately he acts like he doesn't want to eat..so we take him out of his high chair and he eats from outside the high chair.  Climbs up the darn thing and pulls his food off the tray to eat. 

 






















Yes his chair is dirty..he has a cute cover to go on but he is a messy kid so the cover has been in the laundry room for months.  I will get to it some day....






He has the same love for sweets like his Daddy...as soon as Joe opens the freezer or grabs anything with
sugar..the boy sprint crawls to Joe and climbs up his leg for some yummies.  Both Mason and Aidan swarm around and Joe has to go from mouth to mouth feeding these little birdies.  It is hilarious..  I don't mind because it gives me alone time to eat without kids trying to take bites of my food.  Mason has got it in his head that Mommy's food doesn't taste as good as Daddy food.  I don't eat sweets like Daddy..I like to keep my tiny figure thank you very much. 



This weekend I am excited to go through my step son's old clothes and put in Aidan's room..go through Aidan's old clothes and put in Mason's room and go through Mason's old clothes to give to my cousin.  So many boys..so  many clothes..so many hand me downs.  I love kid's clothes..it's definitely a hobby of mine and look forward to this weekend.  I am a dork..yes I am.

2 comments:

  1. So cute!!! I am impressed you don't eat sweets!! I love kids' clothes, too....check out Once Upon a child. I'm with you on the marathon running thing. there is this bond of those of us that work and are trying to do a good job at home, too...we can't throw in the towel really on anything but it is exhausting!! you are doing a great job!! how old is your step son?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Step son is 9. Lucky for me he is a very small 9 year old so his clothes only have to wait 2 years in boxes for Aidan. Don't get me wrong. I may not eat sweets but I am a carb junkie :)

    ReplyDelete