Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Sports

I was an athlete growing up.  I was good at everything I did and usually was better than 99% of everyone else.  I was good at sports..but didn't always have the resources to play.  My husband was good at sports.  Played baseball longer than he can remember.  He is good at everything he does...except cleaning bathrooms and picking up his hats around the house. 

So...you would think our kids...would be great.  I am talking the junior Olympics type great.  Yeah no...doesn't work out that way.  I know they are young...but I think you are able to tell at a young age.  Take this last weekend.  Aidan had Tball (Daddy is coach) practice.  The hour and a half practice you could find Aidan squatting...complaining his head itched..and screaming...the top of his lungs full out baby cry.  Why may you ask?  Well..Aidan wanted to throw rocks in the creek next to the Tball field.  He no longer wanted to play Tball.  Embarrassing much???  This is Aidan though.  When he did gymnastics he would love it one day and hate it the next.  Soccer...he would scream and cry when someone "took" his ball.  Try explaining to a young kid that other kids are supposed to get the ball.  I want more than anything for him to have passion for anything.  I will of course feed that passion.  I know he is young..and maybe he will learn to love a sport...but my guess is he will be more of a free spirit.  Playing drums in the garage...watching fresh beat band his entire life.  Well..maybe won't go that far.  Whatever his little heart desires...I'll support..just won't know anything about it unless it is sports.  Hey..I can learn the marching band.  I'll just need a how to book from amazon.com.  He did have fun at his opening day for Tball.  Did I mention how serious baseball is in my town.  I mean SERIOUS.  Opening day with a parade..the whole nine yards.  I missed it :( because I had to do some work and homework.  I was real upset about missing it.  I was more upset I didn't get to watch Aidan's excitement walking in a parade and getting his face painted.  There will be many more I am sure.  Aidan loved getting his face painted and spent 12 hours asking me over and over "is my tiger messed up?? is my tiger messed up?"


This little guy though....he is a busy busy busy body.  He would take Aidan's spot on the Tball team in a heartbeat.  Look at him...not even 2..and understand how to play the game. Whenever the team is off doing something..he sneaks in for a hit. 






No comments:

Post a Comment