Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

slumper dumper

6 or 7 days of nasty rainy cloudy weather can really put you in a slumper dumper.  It is sunny today and I am feeling fantabulous.  Thank God...cause if it was cloudy one more day you might find me walking around in circles talking to myself.  I hate the rain.  Aidan told me the other day hate is a bad word.  That kid is so smart.  Hate is a bad word.  So is fart, poop and pee according to him.  No more saying hate, fart, poop or pee around my 4 year old. 

I may go in hiding for 2 weeks.  I have a 10 page paper due in 24 hours, 2 pages of a group project due in 24 hours, a final and a 10 page CFO project on my favorite store Gap due in a week.  and then...drum roll please.....I AM DONE WITH MY MASTERS.  That's right folks...2.5 years later.....I am DONE.  Popped my second kid out in those 2.5 years.  Bought a new house and two cars in those 2.5 years.  Changed job positions in those 2.5 years. 

I was talking to this single guy at work the other day.  I mean single as in no kids.  I was telling him how crazy my mornings and weekends are with kids.  He said to me "everyone is busy".  Dude...he has NO idea and one day he will have kids and I will come back to him and say...now you understand?  It kind of pissed me off..because I always thought of myself as "more" busy than a lot of people.  Am I not?  Is everyone busy just like me but handle it much better than I do?  Do I have no excuse not to have my house perfectly clean and my hair perfectly combed.  I am confused......maybe we are all the same..just we handle it in different ways.  That doesn't give me much confidence if I can't handle stress for crap.  Eh...another ramble...another time.

Funny story of my night.  I got permission from my loving husband to post this.  I come home from the gym and sit in the car before going into the "madness" of my house.  I heard a little voice.."Mommy..Mommy" and find Aidan already outside greeting me.  First thing he says as I get out of the car "Mommy..Baby peed in the tub and Daddy said it was ok".  Yes...my 4 year old just tattled on his Daddy for letting baby pee in the tub and NOT draining the tub and refilling it so my baby boys don't bathe in pee.  I have been there.  I have wanted to ignore the pee ... but just couldn't.  Every single time that boy pees in the tub I drain the water and wipe down the tub and "RE-BATHE" my boys.  Oh husband...you do things in such a husbandly way.  All I can do is laugh. 

Countdown to the Beach (I have a countdown app on my phone so Aidan can see how many more days till the beach)....so until then we practice with his new goggles.  Aidan can now hold his nose and go underwater while opening his eyes..no fear....

More toys bought for the beach to play in the pool.  These are what Aidan calls "Torcheetos"


1 comment:

  1. I don't even notice if someone pees in the tub. How gross is that?

    Also, I think you're busier than a lot of moms, myself included. I don't know how you've managed to hold down a full time job and go to graduate school at the same time in the midst of the madness that is motherhood. You rock.

    ReplyDelete