Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mommy Guilt

I am getting a cold.  BLAH.  The kind where you feel like you are floating around.  Glands all swollen and snot that keep running down your nose but you are too tired to blow it.  I should really think about wearing rain jackets in the rain or NOT leaving my umbrella at work.  This may be why I am sick.  I don't have time to think of that stuff.  I am too busy running around trying to find my kids rain jackets.  The cars keep eating them.  I was that person at work yesterday.   Walking across the parking lot with a sweater covering my head and realizing after walking all the way to the door that I forgot my work badge and had to go back in the rain to the car to get my badge.  Have I ever told you I hate the rain.

So my last post where I threatened to leave the blogging world got me 6 comments (congrats Dawn...enjoy your first Mommy's day).  Oh and 3 comments on facebook and a "like" on facebook.  That tells me that I have an obligation to the 10 of you to keep on blogging.  My not so computer talented sister in law also tried to comment but she has a hard time finding the power button on a computer so I'll give her a pass.  So there are 11 of you.  I hope you enjoy.  Well I don't have much to say today so maybe enjoy next week.

I, like most of you, doubt my parenting from time to time.  I can name off 5 things right now that I could do better.
1.  Less yelling
2.  Less sugar
3.  Less TV
4.  More Mommy kid play time
5.  um.....ok i could only think of 4

Last night I had one of those moments.  So I turned off Nick Jr and pulled out the books.  Although I have friends who are teaching their kids addition and subtraction at this age, I don't have those type of teaching skills and I often feel very guilty.  Either way...I turned off the TV.  Mason, Aidan and I sat at the table.  Mason colored his circles and Aidan learned his letters in his book.  I know I can be a better Mom have to stop knowing it and just start doing it.  Lead by example and maybe my husband will start as well.  He can start by turning off his talk shows while the kids are around.  The ones where I am 110% sure he is my baby daddy shows.  One step at a time.

I know..pics are not too clear.  I used my camera phone.  Really need a new camera....


Mommy added a nice touch at the top. 


2 comments:

  1. Thanks girl for the shout out...although my husband informed me it doesn't actually count as my first mother's day since baby is still in my belly...I think he's just trying to get out of buying a present(that's what I get for marrying an accountant = he's cheap like me). Your boys are SOOO cute, so you've got to be doing something right. No more mommy guilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog! I love reading about other people's hectic lives. It makes me feel a little bit normal since my life is nuts too :)

    ReplyDelete